What is Asbestos

Asbestos is a group of minerals with microscopic fibres. Since these thin microscopic fibres are resistant to heat, fire, and chemicals and do not conduct electricity, it has been used widely in construction, automotive, and other industries prior to the 1980's.

When items that contain asbestos are disturbed, the tiny microscopic fibres are released into the air. They can be breathed in and become trapped in the lungs and stay there for many years. Over a period of time these fibers can accumulate in the body and cause serious health problems.

Where can asbestos be found?

Hot Water tank

Piping & Ducts

Ceiling Tiles

Roofing & Siding

Wallpaper (Before 1980)

Furnace & Stoves

Floor coverings installed before 1981 (vinyl tiles)

Insulation

Textured decorative coatings (popcorn ceilings)

Gutters & downpipes

What to do if you suspect there is asbestos in your home?

Call us immediately at 647-537-7607

What are the effects of asbestos to the human body?

The image above illustrates how asbestos fibres can affect the body once inhaled or ingested.

Click on the links below for more information about asbestos.

Request More Information

This site uses Google reCAPTCHA technology to fight spam. Your use of reCAPTCHA is subject to Google's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.

Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible